Welcome to the WSRB Career Center
Currently Available Positions
Desktop Support Technician/Network Administrator Assistant
Provides support for WSRB network infrastructure and all related functions within the Information Technology department in order to achieve WSRB and departmental goals.
Reports To: Assistant Vice President, Technology Solutions
Dept: Information Technology
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Provide support for all systems to ensure system availability and functionality.
- Perform routine desktop and laptop setup.
- Perform necessary hardware and system patches and upgrades.
- Implementation and support of desktop and network hardware/software solutions.
- Perform periodic, firewall, routers and switch, setup and modifications.
- Works with advanced level support staff as needed for problem identification and resolution.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Assist in the planning and installation of new IT systems, as needed. Assist IT team with departmental projects and initiatives.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of technical documentation and reports.
- Knowledge of common desktop applications, including MS Office 2010 - 2013, IE 10 - 11, Firefox and Chrome. Provide internal and external user support and training.
- Perform and maintain systems and data backups.
- Monitor and manage Anti-Virus/Intrusion Protection solution.
- Provide daily support and assistance as needed.
Staff Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Attends regular meetings within the Information Technology department.
- Remains current on industry trends and provides regular feedback to the IT & Process Improvement Manager as necessary.
- Complies with departmental and WSRB policies and procedures.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Associate?s degree with relevant technical experience, or Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in systems administration or equivalent experience of 2 years college IT training or equivalent experience in systems administration.
- Experience in area networking, communications and with hardware and software, or relevant systems experience, or related field experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of installation, upgrades and troubleshooting Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7 ? 8.1, 2008 ? 2012R2. Some knowledge of Linux is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Internal / External Contacts: Daily contact with Information Technology departmental staff, other internal department personnel, and all levels of management at WSRB. Occasional contact with vendors.
- Typical office working conditions.
- Ability to use computer mouse and keyboard.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive use of hands required.
- May be required to work nights & weekends as necessary.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Send resume to: Daniel Ander