Job opening: Field Representative, Property and Casualty
Performs physical inspections and gathers information on the Property and Casualty risks of assigned buildings and businesses in order to provide loss control and underwriting reports. Provide training and mentoring to other Field Representatives and help develop Casualty related inspection services.
- 1. Performs property and casualty inspections, helps train other staff on these inspections, helps develop procedures and helps obtain customers.
- 2. Evaluates and analyzes the Construction, Occupancy, Fire Protection features and Exposures of buildings and gathers accurate and appropriate information for Field related products (reports and loss costs).
- 3. Completes special projects or assignments, such as sprinkler plan reviews, the development and maintenance of training guides for all Field Representatives, or presentations at department meetings. Emphasis in this position will be on Loss Control inspections for both Property and Casualty.
- 4. Provides professional and experienced analysis to insurance companies and customers in order to provide information relative to insurability and pricing.
- 5. Maintains detailed knowledge of NFPA standards pertinent to insurance rating through study and frequent use.
- 6. Maintains appropriate knowledge of NFPA, OSHA and other standards pertinent to casualty inspection and reporting.
- 7. Maintains communication via phone, email, written correspondence and in person with customers, insurance agents, underwriters and other insurance personnel, as well as building or business owners and managers, architects and contractors. Responds to regular inquiries from customers regarding reports and loss costs.
- 8. Administers basic through advanced level training classes for Field Representatives on various Field-related topics.
- Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree with relevant technical experience, or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or other technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience conducting property and casualty loss control surveys or equivalent experience.
- Internal insurance carrier experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of risk assessment from a loss control standpoint.
- Strong community liaison and customer service skills.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resumes to: Kira L. Barsotti